Robotics for Climate Change
23 May 2022 · Room 108 B
Call for Contribution
We invite interested researchers to submit 2-4 pages extended abstract of work relevant to the topic of Robotis for Climate Change. We encourage submissions on all fields related to new trends in robotics for climate change, in particular (but not limited to) the topics listed below. We specially encourage innovations from “non-traditional” robotics and late breaking results. The best paper and the best presentation will be awarded with a prize.
The abstracts proposed to the workshop will be evaluated on relevance to the workshop theme, novelty, and impact. The accepted abstracts will be posted on the workshop website and will not appear in the official IEEE proceedings. The reviewing is single blind and will be carried out by the workshop organizers. The accepted papers will have the opportunity to present their work/ideas in a poster session or as a or video demonstration presentation.
Each extended abstract is limited to 4 pages (including references). The IEEE conference template in two-column format must be used. More information about the template can be found here: https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
All abstracts should be submitted through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rccicra2022.
List of Topics
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Active sensing
- Adaptive sampling
- Aerial Robotics and UAVs
- Agricultural Robotics and Automation
- Data-driven modeling and learning
- Energy, Environment, and Safety Issues in Robotics and Automation
- Joint modeling of remote satellite and robot sensing
- Hyperspectral imaging
- Informed exploration techniques
- Long-term persistent autonomy
- Long-term and long-distance deployments with energy autonomy
- Environmental monitoring
- Marine Robotics
- Methods for capturing features of data (e.g. modeling the dynamics of fluids and atmospheric phenomena, segmentation and feature characterisation)
- Novel algorithm formulations
- Multi-scale and multi-sensor data fusion
- Robotics and Automation in Nuclear Facilities
- Situational awareness in extreme environments
- Smart Buildings
- Sustainable Production Automation
- Extended abstract submission deadline: 20th April 2022
- Notification of acceptance: 27th April 2022
- Workshop day: 23 May 2022 · Room TBD